Wood, Patel & Associates, Inc. (WOODPATEL), the #1 ranked civil engineering firm in Arizona for 18 consecutive years and a Zweig 2020 Hot Firm, is seeking a Proposal Specialist who will take ownership of the proposal process, executing it from start to finish. The ideal Candidate will be a strong communicator, enjoy working within a collaborative team environment and must be skilled at managing multiple priorities and deadlines while meeting quality standards and on-time delivery.
- Manage qualification, proposal, and presentation activities – proactively participating and managing the production and submission of high-quality responses to Requests for Qualifications (RFQ) and Requests for Proposals (RFP). This includes design; team coordination; production; assisting in writing compelling and thorough narratives that engage the reader; and delivery of quality, on-time submittals.
- Write project descriptions and update resumes.
- Maintain vendor and client registrations.
- Assist with project leads.
- Maintain department database of resumes and project descriptions.
- Provide additional proposal and presentation support as needed.
- BA or BS degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or public relations preferred. Any combination of education, training, and work experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Three or more years of experience writing and submitting proposals and supporting proposal production efforts in the A/E/C industry.
- Ability to work independently while serving as a collaborative team player.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Effective and proven communication skills using creative and compelling writing and graphics to engage audience.
- Meticulous attention to detail and strict adherence to writing specifications.
- Required proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook; working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe InDesign
- Knowledge of audio/visual requirements for meetings and presentations and coordination of graphics used in online displays
- Deltek/Vision or Cosential experience is desirable.
- Proven skills in graphic design.
- Competitive pay commensurate with experience and year-end performance-based bonus opportunities
- Generous Paid Time Off plan with paid holidays
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Flexible schedules including ½ day Friday’s
- 401(k) with employer matching
- LTD/STD/Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- In-house training events/mentor program
- Employee Appreciation events
WOODPATEL is committed to our community and as such we match employee contributions to St. Mary's Food Bank Alliance, the world’s first food bank, founded in Phoenix, Arizona.
WOODPATEL is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristics or status protected by governing laws.