Civil Engineer-In-Training - Land Development
Wood, Patel & Associates, Inc. (WOODPATEL), the #1 ranked civil engineering firm in Arizona for 18 consecutive years and a Zweig 2020 Hot Firm, is looking for talented and dedicated professionals to join our team. We offer the opportunity to advance your career and become part of our well respected company.
WOODPATEL has an immediate opening for a full time Engineer-In-Training in our Phoenix office who will work within a team in our Land Development Department. We are seeking individuals with sound technical skills, strong communication skills and enthusiasm to join our successful and growing team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Build plan sets and other construction documents using AutoCAD/Civil 3D
• Assist with design drawings, specifications, reports, and other project deliverables while working with the engineering team and other disciplines within the project team
• Makes technical assumptions, thinks independently to complete assigned work, and draws engineering conclusions
• Provide design inputs and reviews of other engineer's projects.
• Participate as a team member, contributing ideas and possible solutions, and leading on issues where appropriate.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
• Licensure: Registered or the ability to register as an EIT within 6 months of hiring
• Minimum of 2 years of experience working in Land Development design of Commercial/Residential/Retail in site planning and development.
• Proficient in AutoCAD/Civil 3D
• Ability to work effectively with limited supervision.
• Effective listening, verbal and written communication skills.
• Competitive pay commensurate with experience and year-end performance-based bonus opportunities
• Generous Paid Time Off/Paid Sick Time plan with paid holidays
• Flexible schedules including ½ day Friday’s
• Health, Dental, Vision Coverage
• 401(k) with employer matching
• LTD/STD/Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• In-house training events/mentor program
• Employee Appreciation events
WOODPATEL is committed to our community and as such we match employee contributions to St. Mary's Food Bank Alliance, the world’s first food bank, founded in Phoenix, Arizona.
WOODPATEL is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristics or status protected by governing laws.