Data Scientist III
Do something that means something at Williams. This isn't just a job - it's an opportunity to explore and discover your passion with coworkers who become friends and mentors who push you to be your best self in and out of the office. At Williams, we make clean energy happen. And you can too, so bring your energy to ours.
As Data Scientist III, you will be responsible for full life-cycle development, implementation, and production support of data warehouses, business intelligence reporting and sophisticated analytical model development. The ability to build relationships with internal business partners and adapt your communication style to your audience are keys to success!
Your work will challenge you, and with our Core Values to guide you, you'll quickly learn and grow with us.
- Works with large data sets in a hybrid cloud environment to develop descriptive statistical models to solve business problems
- Supports full life cycle of developed solutions and data warehouses including managing changes, production support, server/cloud optimization, and continual solution improvement
- Works with individuals at all levels of the organization to understand business needs and challenges, and recommends and implements improvements as well as solves problems with existing solutions when incidents occur
- Develops, builds, and maintains the company Business Intelligence infrastructure and data warehouse
- Solves problems within SSIS, Azure Data Factory, and SSRS failures and defects and resolves issues timely
- Collaborates across the enterprise to understand needs of the business and skillsets of citizen develops in order to continually improve business practices, architecture, data availability, and application support
- Develops and delivers training and contributes to policies and procedures to support citizen development efforts
- Work with business partners and end users to collaborate on new requests, gather requirements, and troubleshoot issues.
- Other duties as assigned
- Required: Bachelor's degree in information technology, engineering, business, or a related field and a minimum of five (5) years' experience including one (1) year supporting a major technology application
- Preferred: A minimum of seven (7) years' experience with five (5) or more years in data science and/or business intelligence development
- Demonstrates excellent organizational/interpersonal skills and safety as the utmost priority
- Needs basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Application and PC skills
- Proficiency in Database (SQL, Oracle)
- Solid understanding of data warehousing (SQL, Synapse)
- Solid understanding of ETL and Job Management
- Solid understanding of BI development and associated reports and dashboards (Power BI)
- Solid understanding of OLAP/CUBE design
- Solid understanding of multi-dimensional database structures (e.g. star schemas)
- Experience using Python and sophisticated SQL for end-to-end data processing including ETL
- Preferred: Proficiency in Azure analytics platform (e.g. synapse, data bricks, data factory)
- Preferred: Microsoft certified - Azure Fundamentals
- Preferred: Microsoft certified - Azure Data Fundamentals
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Tulsa, Oklahoma, the 2nd largest city in Oklahoma and the 47th most populous in the U.S.
Tulsa is known as the Mother of "The Mother Road" - Route 66, and boasts impressive art deco architecture, the #1 city park in the U.S. (The Gathering Place) and is a great venue for live music. It's an easy place to get in and out of, with more than 20 non-stop flight destinations offered at Tulsa International Airport. Tulsa is listed on CNN Travel's best destinations to visit in 2022!
Tulsa is not only a great place to live, but it's affordable. According to the 2019 Economic Report from Tulsa's Future, the cost of living is 8 percent below the U.S. average. There is no place like T-Town. Check out visittulsa.com to learn more!
Why Choose Williams?
We are committed to providing our employees with competitive compensation and benefits as part of your Total Rewards package to help protect your current and future physical, emotional, and financial health. We generally offer health benefit programs to our employees and their families that are competitive and flexible enough to meet your needs, and retirement benefits to allow you to invest now for financial security when you retire. With rich learning and development programming and a high internal mobility rate, you are not just applying to a job with Williams; you are embarking on an exciting career!
- Competitive compensation
- Annual incentive program
- Hybrid work model - one to two work from home days each week for most office-based roles
- Flexible work schedule for most field-based roles
- 401(k) with company matching contribution and a fixed annual company contribution
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Generous company-paid life insurance and disability benefits
- A consumer-driven health plan option with the potential for a generous company contribution to a Health Savings Account
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid time off, including floating and company holidays
- Wellness Program with annual rewards
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Robust employee learning and development
- High internal mobility (we promote from within)
- Parental leave (we provide up to 6 weeks for each parent)
- Fertility coverage and adoption benefits
- Domestic partner benefits
- Educational reimbursement
- Non-profit donation matching contributions and time off to volunteer
- Employee resource groups
- Employee assistance programs
- Technology to make our work more productive and collaborative
- Regular employee engagement surveys and feedback processes
Eligibility and benefits are governed by the terms of the applicable plan or program document which can be amended or terminated at any time.
For more information, please visit https://www.williams.com/careers/total-rewards/.
Action oriented (3 - Meets Expectations), Collaborates (3 - Meets Expectations), Communicates effectively (3 - Meets Expectations), Customer focus (3 - Meets Expectations), Drives results (3 - Meets Expectations), Ensures accountability (3 - Meets Expectations), Instills trust (3 - Meets Expectations)