Senior Production Accountant
SPL is growing and we are looking for more great employees like you!
SPL is a globally recognized industry leader in flow assurance, hydrocarbon measurement, characterization, and production analytics. We specialize in third-party services for operators across the hydrocarbon value chain. More than 90 percent of the world’s majors and 85 percent of America’s leading independent operators have used SPL as a trusted partner.
The company combines ISO-certified labs in key basins throughout North America, verifiable test methods, and world-renowned scientists with patented software and digital workflows to bring more confidence and insights to our customers’ data.
We specialize in multiple areas of the value chain:
- Field employees work to calibrate equipment, program and automate systems, and perform instrumentation and equipment work on client sites.
- Lab employees take samples that have been collected in the field and run a multitude of tests for environmental factors and quality of the product. We also have a blending lab that works to create the chemicals that other companies use to calibrate their analytical equipment.
- The Production Analytics team audits existing field structures and design, balances our client’s entire systems, and allocates royalties to maximize profits.
SPL is expanding our footprint internationally in the production, midstream, finished products, and environmental markets. We are also focused on developing industry-leading automation and data analytics tools that will help our customers ensure the integrity of their data.
The Senior Production Accountant must be team oriented, proactive, and goal driven. This position performs the duties and responsibilities of the Production Accountant with additional responsibilities and qualifications. Individuals in this role must processes Oil and Gas Allocations by gathering, analyzing, and reporting data. Will use independence and judgment to recognize and resolve problems within established policies and procedures and is accountable for the quality, timeliness and accuracy of own work.
- Will apply the standard techniques to perform departmental functions, procedures and systems;
- Perform the functions of the role without direct supervision but with quality checks and oversight from the Project Manager;
- May take direction from Staff Accountant;
- Works with minimal supervision, providing support for all junior members of the team;
- Ability to conduct full analysis of allocations and reports. Proficient in all parts of allocations;
- Should be willing and able to apply knowledge and experience to solve problems with direction from Staff Accountant;
- Responsible for the prompt completion of reports to meet client deadlines;
- Has joint responsibilities as a team member for project deadlines and results;
- Expected to perform quality checks on all reports before being sent on to Project Manager for approval, with minimal error. Must make recommended corrections and provide direction to team on causation;
- Provides support throughout the process to all members of the team working on assigned clients and performs double-check before submitting reports for final review to the Project Manager for sign off;
- Assists in developing recommendations for difficult/complex issues;
- Will research projects and make evaluations, knowing what information to collect, where to find it, and how to interpret it to resolve issues;
- Shows initiative by asking questions and by actively seeking to increase own knowledge and contributions. Also works to maintain and increase technical knowledge to add additional tools and skills to contribute to the success of the team;
- Have the ability and willingness to provide guidance and training;
- Some evenings and weekends will be required to meet departmental deadlines and close dates;
- At times will be expected to interface with clients over the phone and should represent themselves and SPL in a professional manner;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics preferred but not required;
- Must have a minimum 3-5 years of experience in Production Oil and Gas Accounting;
- Requires a flexible work attitude in order to manage changing priorities and the ability to produce results under tight deadlines;
- Proficiency with Microsoft programs with an emphasis on Excel;
- Proficiency and ability to train in Excel including SUMIFs, Pivot Tables and V-Lookups required;
- Proven ability to analyze and resolve basic to high-level problems by digging into multiple spreadsheets, invoices, or emails to reconcile data;
- Must be deadline driven and willing to work extra hours on weekends or evenings if needed to meet client deadlines;
- Must be an effective communicator (both written and verbal) and comfortable interfacing with clients;
- Ability to multitask and work as a team player;
- A keen attention to detail and organization;
- A positive attitude and energy.