Senior Flow Assurance Specialist
SPL is growing and we are looking for more great employees like you!
SPL is a globally recognized industry leader in flow assurance, hydrocarbon measurement, characterization, and production analytics. We specialize in third-party services for operators across the hydrocarbon value chain. More than 90 percent of the world’s majors and 85 percent of America’s leading independent operators have used SPL as a trusted partner.
The company combines ISO-certified labs in key basins throughout North America, verifiable test methods, and world-renowned scientists with patented software and digital workflows to bring more confidence and insights to our customers’ data.
We specialize in multiple areas of the value chain:
- Field employees work to calibrate equipment, program and automate systems, and perform instrumentation and equipment work on client sites.
- Lab employees take samples that have been collected in the field and run a multitude of tests for environmental factors and quality of the product. We also have a blending lab that works to create the chemicals that other companies use to calibrate their analytical equipment.
- The Production Analytics team audits existing field structures and design, balances our client’s entire systems, and allocates royalties to maximize profits.
SPL is expanding our footprint internationally in the production, midstream, finished products, and environmental markets. We are also focused on developing industry-leading automation and data analytics tools that will help our customers ensure the integrity of their data.
- Develop the process engineering team and then lead and direct the work as required on various projects;
- Oversee the technical aspects for advanced engineering design and operations from initial design through start-up;
- Provide expert advice and assistance to design, construction and maintenance engineers and operating personnel;
- Plan, schedule and provide work direction when required for preparation of studies, designs, processes, and assure the efficiency, adequacy and conformance to overall objectives;
- Initiate detailed work outline and make decisions as to basic approaches, processes or equipment;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors of Science degree preferably in Chemical Engineering with 7-10 years of experience or a graduate degree with 5-7 years;
- Hands-on transient thermal-hydraulic modeling/simulation work in the support of the design and operation of offshore facilities including: wells, pipelines, risers, separations and pressure-boosting equipment using Hysys is essential;
- Have thorough knowledge on Flow Assurance engineering and modelling and be proficient with related flow assurance software (PIPESIM, OLGA including all modules, PVTSim including all modules, HYSYS, HYSYS Dynamics) and codes/standards;
- Experience in the development processes employed with the oil and gas industry with particular experience in identification and screening of development concepts and FEED;
- Experience with fluid characterization and liquid surge analysis is required;
- Experience in process design as well as engineering management of oil & gas major offshore processing related projects;
- Ability to write professional technical reports and prepare effective presentations.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment;
- Physical requirements needed to perform the job duties are as follows:
- Standing – moderate;
- Walking – moderate;
- Equipment includes copier, printer, fax machine, scanner, computer.