SPL is growing and we are looking for more great employees like you!
SPL is a globally recognized industry leader in flow assurance, hydrocarbon measurement, characterization, and production analytics. We specialize in third-party services for operators across the hydrocarbon value chain. More than 90 percent of the world’s majors and 85 percent of America’s leading independent operators have used SPL as a trusted partner.
The company combines ISO-certified labs in key basins throughout North America, verifiable test methods, and world-renowned scientists with patented software and digital workflows to bring more confidence and insights to our customers’ data.
We specialize in multiple areas of the value chain:
- Field employees work to calibrate equipment, program and automate systems, and perform instrumentation and equipment work on client sites.
- Lab employees take samples that have been collected in the field and run a multitude of tests for environmental factors and quality of the product. We also have a blending lab that works to create the chemicals that other companies use to calibrate their analytical equipment.
- The Production Analytics team audits existing field structures and design, balances our client’s entire systems, and allocates royalties to maximize profits.
SPL is expanding our footprint internationally in the production, midstream, finished products, and environmental markets. We are also focused on developing industry-leading automation and data analytics tools that will help our customers ensure the integrity of their data.
The SamplingTechnician must be team oriented, proactive, and goal driven. This position is responsible for obtaining liquid hydrocarbon samples, natural gas samples, and similar gaseous samples. The Sampling Tech must also be able to procure water samples
- Duties include picking up and or procuring gas samples and transporting of hazardous and or non-hazardous materials;
- Must be able to carry equipment (not to exceed 50 lbs.) up and down steps;
- Performs job duties utilizing a company vehicle;
- Out of town stay is sometimes required;
- Required to maintain their work schedule with customers and SPL. If any changes are made to the schedule, notification to the customer and the appropriate office is required;
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule, i.e., eight (8) to sixteen (16) hours; depending on job services requirements and customers' needs;
- Must maintain and account for assigned SPL property, including tools, credit cards, company vehicle, cell phone, laptop, sampling equipment, test separator unit and parts;
- Required to properly prepare all necessary paperwork and documentation of service performed on a timely basis and submit same to proper office personnel for processing;
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Electrical and/or mechanical experience/knowledge preferred;
- Good communication skills required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- May be exposed to hazardous noise levels at work sites on an occasional basis;
- Must be able to carry equipment (not to exceed 50 lbs) up and down steps. At times, multiple trips of this nature (due to more than 50 lbs. of equipment) maybe required.
- Technicians may be required to work in tight quarters;
- Technicians must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as gloves, goggles, safety glasses, hard hats, safety boots, and ear plugs/muffs;
- Working at elevated heights is sometimes required;
- Working extended hours and varying shifts are often required.