Fullstack Developer - NodeJS
**POSITION IS LOCATED EITHER IN KATY, TX OR THE WOODLAND, TX**
**Possible hybrid work schedule (3 days in office, 2 days remote)**
SPL is growing and we are looking for more great employees like you!
SPL is a globally recognized industry leader in flow assurance, hydrocarbon measurement, characterization, and production analytics. We specialize in third-party services for operators across the hydrocarbon value chain. More than 90 percent of the world’s majors and 85 percent of America’s leading independent operators have used SPL as a trusted partner.
The company combines ISO-certified labs in key basins throughout North America, verifiable test methods, and world-renowned scientists with patented software and digital workflows to bring more confidence and insights to our customers’ data.
We specialize in multiple areas of the value chain:
- Field employees work to calibrate equipment, program and automate systems, and perform instrumentation and equipment work on client sites.
- Lab employees take samples that have been collected in the field and run a multitude of tests for environmental factors and quality of the product. We also have a blending lab that works to create the chemicals that other companies use to calibrate their analytical equipment.
- The Production Analytics team audits existing field structures and design, balances our client’s entire systems, and allocates royalties to maximize profits.
SPL is expanding our footprint internationally in the production, midstream, finished products, and environmental markets. We are also focused on developing industry-leading automation and data analytics tools that will help our customers ensure the integrity of their data.
The Full Stack Developer must be team oriented, proactive, and goal driven. This position is responsible for design, development, testing, and maintenance of internal and customer facing applications.
- Design, develop, test, and maintain internal and customer facing applications
- Develop responsive products which render in multiple browsers and across multiple devices
- Collaborate with development teams to pan, design, develop and release software features
- Work closely with the Product Owners and business stakeholders to understand use cases and user needs
- Implement coding standards, best practices, and design scalable applications
- Minimum 5 years of development experience building and supporting full-stack applications
- Minimum 2 years of experience designing and architecting secure, scalable, and robust cloud SaaS applications
- Experience in cloud native development on AWS or Azure such as AWS Lambda, S3, RDS, API Gateway, Azure functions etc.
- Excellent SQL skills and ability to work with SQL Server, Azure SQL, AWS RDS, Postgres
- Knowledgeable in micro-services and containers - Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Experience managing teams of developers spread across multiple geographic regions
- Experience in Scrum methodologies, sprint planning, project planning, estimation, and product feature management
- Experience with git branching, merging and deployments
- Excellent problem-solving skills, testing and troubleshooting technical issues
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple milestones and projects efficiently, while working effectively with multiple project members
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- Prior experience in C#/.NET, Java or Python preferred
- Knowledge of MongoDB designing and querying skills preferred
- Experience with unit testing frameworks such as Jest, cypress etc preferred
- Experience in Terraform or AWS Cloud-front preferred
- Prior Angular or Vue experience preferred
- Developed and supported more than 3 production deployed applications preferred
- Experience building cross-platform mobile applications with frameworks like Ionic and React Native preferred
- Good understanding of Scrum/Kanban, DevOps best practices and SRE principles preferred
- Experience implementing DevOps best practices (test automation, CI/CD, metrics, monitoring) and using DevOps platforms and tools (e.g. Azure DevOps/GitHub/Jenkins) preferred
- Strong experience in Object-Oriented Design, MVC, MVVM patterns, Test Driven Development, micro services architecture, Restful APIs preferred
- AWS Certified Developer or Architect preferred