Customer Service Representative
SPL is growing and we are looking for more great employees like you!
SPL is a globally recognized industry leader in flow assurance, hydrocarbon measurement, characterization, and production analytics. We specialize in third-party services for operators across the hydrocarbon value chain. More than 90 percent of the world’s majors and 85 percent of America’s leading independent operators have used SPL as a trusted partner.
The company combines ISO-certified labs in key basins throughout North America, verifiable test methods, and world-renowned scientists with patented software and digital workflows to bring more confidence and insights to our customers’ data.
We specialize in multiple areas of the value chain:
- Field employees work to calibrate equipment, program and automate systems, and perform instrumentation and equipment work on client sites.
- Lab employees take samples that have been collected in the field and run a multitude of tests for environmental factors and quality of the product. We also have a blending lab that works to create the chemicals that other companies use to calibrate their analytical equipment.
- The Production Analytics team audits existing field structures and design, balances our client’s entire systems, and allocates royalties to maximize profits.
SPL is expanding our footprint internationally in the production, midstream, finished products, and environmental markets. We are also focused on developing industry-leading automation and data analytics tools that will help our customers ensure the integrity of their data.
The Customer Service Representative must be team oriented, proactive, and goal driven. This position is responsible for receiving samples and entering sample information into the LIMS system. Will use independence and judgment to recognize and resolve problems within established policies and procedures and is accountable for the quality, timeliness and accuracy of own work.
- Receiving samples from customers, couriers, shipping, field technicians, etc.;
- Entering sample information, details, and required analysis into LIMS system accurately;
- Labeling samples, and storing in appropriate locations;
- Preparing sample kits for customers;
- Processing outbound shipments;
- Completing tasks within assigned schedule;
- Maintain a very clean and organized workspace;
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED;
- Familiarity with basic chemistry preferred;
- Able to work in a group setting;
- Basic computer skills (database/spreadsheet data entry);
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to lift heavy sample coolers.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Working conditions include exposure to chemicals and experiments common in an environmental testing laboratory.
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as gloves, goggles, safety glasses;
- Physical requirements needed to perform the job duties are as follows:
- Carrying – up to 50 lbs.
- Lifting – up to 100 lbs.
- Standing – moderate
- Walking – moderate
- Equipment includes laboratory test instruments and equipment, computers, and safety equipment.