Business Development Manager
SPL is growing and we are looking for more great employees like you!
SPL is a globally recognized industry leader in flow assurance, hydrocarbon measurement, characterization, and production analytics. We specialize in third-party services for operators across the hydrocarbon value chain. More than 90% of the world’s majors and 85% of America’s leading independent operators have used SPL as a trusted partner.
The company combines ISO-certified labs in key basins throughout North America, verifiable test methods, and world-renowned scientists with patented software and digital workflows to bring more confidence and insights to our customers’ data.
We specialize in multiple areas of the value chain:
- Field employees work to calibrate equipment, program and automate systems, and perform instrumentation and equipment work on client
- Lab employees take samples that have been collected in the field and run a multitude of tests for environmental factors and quality of the product. We also have a blending lab that works to create the chemicals that other companies use to calibrate their analytical
- The Production Analytics team audits existing field structures and design, balances our client’s entire systems, and allocates royalties to maximize
SPL is expanding our footprint internationally in the production, midstream, finished products, and environmental markets. We are also focused on developing industry-leading automation and data analytics tools that will help our customers ensure the integrity of their data.
The Business Development Manager must be team oriented, proactive, and goal driven. This position is responsible for developing new business and sustaining ongoing business relationships within assigned territory and accounts. Will use independence and judgment to recognize and resolve problems within established policies and procedures and is accountable for the quality, timeliness and accuracy of own work.
- Responsible for coordinating all client activities, pricing and in current region;
- Responsible for managing salesforce database in managed region;
- Achieve assigned revenue targets in each service line by wining new customers as well as selling incremental business with current clients;
- Using local and/or SPL institutional knowledge, research then reach out to prospective and existing accounts;
- Develop on-going business relationships with prospective and current buyers within the territory and assigned accounts;
- Uncover local buyer issues and needs, differentiating SPL from competitive service providers;
- Lead the new sale process, leveraging the local service team (GM, Lab Manager, Service Manager, etc.) and Corporate resources (Director Sales, CEO, VP Allocations, etc.) to close new business;
- Support the retention of existing business as needed;
- Support the sales efforts of others as needed;
- Travel daily within the territory with occasional overnight travel required;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred - High School Diploma or GED required;
- Must have a clean driving record;
- At least one year of successful sales experience in any B-to-B industry;
- Professional industry sales experience with relationships preferred;
- Some exposure to services sales in the Oil & Gas industry is preferred;
- High computer application literacy (including Microsoft Office Suite, and Salesforce.com);
- History of working remotely in the field that required autonomy and self-motivation;
- Highly developed communication, networking/lead generation, relationship building, and communication skills;
- Account leadership experience that includes calling on multi-level plant or facilities management to accomplish company goals preferred;
- Prior experience that demonstrates a strong work ethic and ability to multi-task;
- Ability to remain objective in adverse situations with a high level of personal and business ethics.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment;
- Physical requirements needed to perform the job duties are as follows:
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs;
- Standing – moderate;
- Walking – moderate;
- Equipment includes familiarity with lab equipment and machines copier, printer, fax machine, computer;
- Driving for extended periods.