Under direct supervision, plans, organizes, and assists one or more survey parties engaged in surveying to determine precise location and measurements of points, elevations, lines, areas, and contours for construction, mapmaking, land division, titles, mining, or other purposes, by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research previous survey evidence, maps, deeds, physical evidence, and other records to obtain data needed for surveys.
- Develops new data from photogrammetric records.
- Determines methods and procedures for establishing or reestablishing survey control.
- Keeps accurate notes, records, and sketches to describe and certify work performed.
- Coordinates findings with work of engineering and architectural personnel, clients, and others concerned with project.
- Assumes legal responsibility for work.
- Assists in examining accuracy of technical data of surveys.
- Determines discrepancies or changes in survey CAD drawings and office easements.
- Works closely with Senior Surveyor, Right of Way Agents, Engineers, Technicians, Environmental personnel, GIS Design team and public on a variety of right of way issues.
- Assists customers, Company engineers and other personnel in locating and interpreting legal documents and maps.
- Assists in directing field surveys in performing fieldwork as necessary.
- Independently conducts field surveys, and interprets survey data, maps, plats, blueprints, legal descriptions, deeds and government survey laws.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ability to independently perform each of the major responsibilities of the Survey Technicians II and III.
- Continuous education as required by the NMPSSA regulations.
- Knowledge of all types or surveys and ability to assist in interpreting survey data, maps, plats, legal descriptions, deeds and all survey laws.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, County and City survey laws and governmental rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of Company policies, procedures and distribution and transmission standards as they relate to surveying and mapping procedures.
- Ability to accurately operate all survey instruments, total station, theodolite, level and GPS equipment.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in Surveying with one to three years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience related to the discipline.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must possess current, legally valid driver’s license and meet the Company’s driving record requirements.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Access database software, MS Excel spreadsheet software, and MSWord Processing software. Proficiency with AutoCAD, Civil Softdesk, CAD design and drafting techniques.
ANALYSIS AND PROBLEM-SOLVING ABILITY:
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and/or walkup to 2/3 of the time. May be subjected to various weather conditions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Field environment
- Employees in Services Company may be responsible for providing services to various Holding Company subsidiaries and affiliates.
PNM Resources and affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. Women, minorities, disabled individuals and veterans are encouraged to apply.