Silicon Photonics PDK Development Engineer
NY Creates is a leading research and development hub as well as a commercialization facilitator in advanced digital, analog, and power technologies.
Opportunity for a Process Development Kit (PDK) engineer to work in multiple areas of PDK development across various design platforms mainly in 300 mm Silicon Photonics technologies. This role requires an open mind, an ability and willingness to learn new technical areas of PDK development. An ideal candidate for this position would be an experienced and self-driven PDK engineer. The PDK development engineer is expected to work in one or more areas of PDK development:
- P-cell development
- Test site and Circuit Layout
- Script based design automation
- DRC rule coding
- Porting PDKs from a design platform to another platform
- Technical support to internal and external customers
- PDK documentation
Responsibilities for Silicon Photonics PDK Development Engineer
- Develop Process Development Kits for various AIM Photonics Technologies in different supported platforms. Tasks include development of P-cells, Design Rule Decks, and Design Kit Integration.
- Layouts and development of layout automation infrastructure for various AIM Photonic Technology testsites. Development of automation scripts for various elements of a Process Development Kits.
- Development, maintenance and execution of automation infrastructure related to AIM Photonics MPW program.
- Interfacing with external EPDA vendors to convert AIM Photonics PDKs in various platforms.
- PDK Documentation and write-ups for periodic reporting for funding agencies.
Minimum Requirements for Silicon Photonics PDK Development Engineer
- BS/MS Degree from college or University accredited by the US Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization in an area related to Electronics and Photonics.
- 3-10 years combined work experience in various areas of PDK development such as P-cell development, layout, DRC rule coding, and schematic-driven-layout enablement
- Advanced-level expertise in at least one of the following design platforms such as Cadence/Synopsys/KLayout/Lumerical/Luceda/Mentor and working knowledge of other platforms.
- Experience with at-least one scripting language relevant to PDK development
- Experience with resolving technical issues from internal and external customers
- Good communication skills and willingness to work with internal and external customers
Candidates must address in their applications their ability to work with culturally diverse populations. This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check; this position may require annual background checks.
- Knowledge of electronic and photonic design and device operation
- Experience working with PDK development in CMOS and Silicon-Photonic technologies.
- Advanced-level expertise in several areas of PDK development with a willingness to work in other areas
Don't meet every requirement? At NY Creates we are dedicated to building a welcoming, diverse and inclusive work place. If you are excited about working for NY Creates but your experience doesn't exactly align perfectly with the job description we encourage you to apply anyways, you might still be a perfect fit or a fit for another role at NY Creates.
- Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Competitive Pay and PTO
- Tuition Waiver Program
- Flexible Heath Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Basic / Optional Life Insurance
- Post-Retirement Health Insurance
- Employer contribution of 7% of earnings to a Basic Retirement plan after meeting one year of service.
- Optional employee contributed retirement account
Location: 257 Fuller Road, Albany, NY 12203
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY which is an Equal opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Research Foundation employees are subject to restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1. You will be asked to disclose any such participation at the time of hire for review by the Research Foundation.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply please call Human Resources at 518-437-8686.