Process Integration Engineer
NY Creates is a leading research and development hub as well as a commercialization facilitator in advanced digital, analog, and power technologies.
This position supports the AIM Photonics program. The mission of AIM Photonics is to advance integrated photonic circuit manufacturing technology development in the United States. To achieve this:
- We provide access to state-of-the-art integrated photonics fabrication, packaging, and testing facilities and services to industry, academia and the United States government.
- We develop new and innovative technologies, processes, and materials within the integrated photonics sphere, addressing high-risk/high-reward challenges in photonics integrated circuit manufacturing technology.
- We strive to create an adaptive integrated photonic circuit workforce capable of meeting the integrated photonics industry's needs, thus increasing domestic competitiveness.
This posting is to hire an experienced Process Integration Engineer working with a diverse suite of Silicon Photonics (SiPh) and Heterogeneous Integration (HI) technology offerings.
This position will be focused on development activities for next generation silicon photonics technologies, including sensors, quantum photonics, chip carriers, interposers, and new material integration. While much of this position's effort will revolve around fabricating devices using SUNY Poly's 300mm fab, the novel nature of this group's work requires hands-on simulation, design, processing, inspections, testing, and development.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creation of new devices and technologies from conceptualization, to simulation, design, process development, integration, testing, and delivery of hardware.
- Interacting with customers or development partners to understand the specific requirements of a project and to update on challenges, risks, and progress
- Coordinating with vendors such as the mask house, dicing/packaging, and any outsourced processes
- Integration support for the core AIM Photonics MPW program
- Writing reports, papers, and/or patents as appropriate
Other reasonable duties as assigned.
- M.S. degree in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent Engineering and/or Science discipline from a college or University accredited by the USDOE or internationally recognized accrediting organization AND 6+ years relevant professional industry experience.
- Ph.D in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent Engineering and/or Science discipline from a college or University accredited by the USDOE or internationally recognized accrediting organization AND 3+ years relevant professional industry experience.
NYCREATES/AIM Photonics is a multi-client, consortium environment, and the successful individual must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills. Ability to work well under pressure, in a fast-paced environment, and be able to execute a variety of tasks on short notice is a must. Candidate must exhibit the ability to work independently and as a part of a multifaceted team, as required. The needs of the organization can change quickly and therefore the person hired for this position
should be flexible and able to learn new topics quickly. Candidates must address in their applications their ability to work with culturally diverse populations. This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check; this position may require annual
Experience in one or more of the following topics is highly desired:
- Process development experience in multiple sectors (LTH, RIE, INS, MTL, CMP, PLT, WET, RTP, ION, EPI)
- CMOS Process Integration experience; sustaining and/or developing processes in a 300mm wafer fabrication facility.
- Process Integration experience non-CMOS technologies (MEMS, sensors, magnetics, photonics, etc)
- Experience with 2.5D/3D integration and/or heterogeneous integration
- Background in modeling or device physics of photonic devices, specifically silicon or III-V photonics
- Familiarity with IC layout and verification tools (KLayout, Cadence, Mentor Graphics, Synopsys)
- Demonstrated hands-on problem solver
- Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Competitive Pay and PTO
- Flexible Heath Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Basic / Optional Life Insurance
- Post-Retirement Health Insurance
- Employer contribution of 7% of earnings to a Basic Retirement plan after meeting one year of service.
- Optional employee contributed retirement account
Pay rate: $130,000- $160,000
*Posted rate is dependent upon experience and education.
Location: 257 Fuller Road, Albany, NY 12203
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY which is an Equal opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Research Foundation employees are subject to restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1. You will be asked to disclose any such participation at the time of hire for review by the Research Foundation.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply please call Human Resources at 518-437-8686.