Metrology Services SEM Technician
NY Creates is a leading research and development hub as well as a commercialization facilitator in advanced digital, analog, and power technologies.
NY CREATES is seeking applicants for the position of Metrology SEM Analyst Technician to work in its 300mm semiconductor development facilities. This position is responsible for off-line SEM & FIB/TEM characterization analysis of structures and devices fabricated on 300mm wafers. The position will report to the Director of Metrology Services. The preferred shifts for these two positions are N1 and N2 with some flexibility required for training and team coverage purposes.
- Effective day-to-day operation of SEM, FIB and TEM instruments for analytical work
- Perform SEM analysis on samples submitted by requesting partners and on-site customers
- Perform FIB-SEM and FIB prep of TEM samples from requesting customer base
- Perform occasional TEM on samples submitted by customer base
- Clear communication and prompt interaction with requestors to understand analysis requirements and reporting of results fully and clearly
- Prioritize work when queued with multiple requests
- Ensure timely communication of analysis results
- Ensure analysis requests are submitted and tracked following ISO procedures
- Maintain analysis queue database reporting according to ISO requirements
- Attendance at technology group meetings to advise on use of metrology techniques
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of structures and materials submitted for analysis
- Work to minimize TAT for all SEM, FIB and TEM jobs
- Monitor operation and schedule effective maintenance of SEM/FIB/TEM to maximize tool uptime
- Further expand capabilities of the SEM/FIB/TEM tool-set by developing additional sample preparation procedures such as wet-etch delineation, plasma etch etc.
- Maintain contact with other on-site F/A group to utilize additional equipment there if needed
- An Associate's degree in an engineering or science related discipline from a college or university accredited by the US Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization OR equivalent experience which includes at least 6 years of semiconductor industry or research and development experience.
- Candidate must have a working knowledge in one or more process tools or modules required to build advanced CMOS devices;
- Candidate must also demonstrate proficiency in computers and IT infrastructure including manufacturing execution system applications, project planning & task prioritization, and forward thinking for contributing to materials and structural analysis solutions on test wafers; excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills; ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Candidate must be willing to execute a variety of tasks on short notice. Knowledge of MS Office, and semiconductor equipment operation are strongly recommended. Must be willing to work either evening or off shifts.
Candidates must address in their applications their ability to work with culturally diverse populations. This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check; this position may require annual background checks.
- A Bachelor's degree in an engineering or science related discipline from a college or University accredited by the USDOE or internationally recognized accrediting organization.
- 4+ years of experience working in the semiconductor industry as a metrology, SEM/FIB/TEM, or FA technician is highly preferred.
- Hands-on experience at least 2years with SEM instrument operation including sample preparation by cleaving or FIB is desired.
- Experience with FIB sample-prep for TEM and TEM analysis experience are preferred qualifications.
- Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Competitive Pay and PTO
- Flexible Heath Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Basic / Optional Life Insurance
- Post-Retirement Health Insurance
- Employer contribution of 7% of earnings to a Basic Retirement plan after meeting one year of service.
- Optional employee contributed retirement account.
Location: 257 Fuller Road, Albany, NY 12203
Salary Range: $25.00-$30.00/hour + 15%-night shift (7p-730a) differential.
*Posted rates are determined upon experience and education.
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY which is an Equal opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Research Foundation employees are subject to restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1. You will be asked to disclose any such participation at the time of hire for review by the Research Foundation.