Field Construction Technician
NY Creates is a leading research and development hub as well as a commercialization facilitator in advanced digital, analog, and power technologies.
- Monitor all construction activities at NY CREATES.
- Act as NY CREATES representative in the field to all construction management firms and their subcontractors.
- Interface with NY CREATES management and engineering staff as needed in order to provide direction to construction management superintendents on issues that arise in the field.
- Review new construction drawings and tool hookup P&ID's to insure an understanding of the scope of work.
- Participate in consultant design reviews and comment on constructability of designs and lessons learned from previous projects.
- Understand schedule requirements and monitor construction efforts to insure design documents are followed and projects are progressing per schedule.
- Prepare work permits or assist construction manager in permit preparation.
- Determine if proposed work has shutdowns, oversee work in field to insure contractors are aware of all potential dangers that would have potential impact to tenants and /or tooling.
- Ensure that all contractors follow the NY CREATES Site Health and Safety procedures including wearing appropriate approved PPE, using required tie-offs and following LOTO procedures.
- Investigate any contractor injuries and determine root cause and subsequent action plan to prevent reoccurrence.
- Assist NY CREATES management and Facilities staff in evaluating AE/CM performance on projects.
- Review completed efforts of contractors for compliance with designs and specs as well as functionality, fit and finish.
Minimum Requirements for Field Construction Technician
- Associates degree in construction management or related
- 5 years of experience in the facilities organization of a major semiconductor manufacturer, technical construction company, or with a supplier to the semiconductor industry.
Don't meet every requirement? At NY Creates we are dedicated to building a welcoming, diverse and inclusive work place. If you are excited about working for NY Creates but your experience doesn't exactly align perfectly with the job description we encourage you to apply anyway, you might still be a perfect fit or a fit for another role at NY Creates.
- Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Competitive Pay and PTO
- Flexible Heath Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Basic / Optional Life Insurance
- Post-Retirement Health Insurance
- Employer contribution of 7% of earnings to a Basic Retirement plan after meeting one year of service.
- Optional employee contributed retirement account
Pay rate: $36.07- $48.07 per hour
*Posted rate is dependent upon experience and education.
Location: 257 Fuller Road, Albany, NY 12203
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY which is an Equal opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Research Foundation employees are subject to restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1. You will be asked to disclose any such participation at the time of hire for review by the Research Foundation.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply please call Human Resources at 518-437-8686.