Facility Building Repair Technician
NY Creates is a leading research and development hub as well as a commercialization facilitator in advanced digital, analog, and power technologies.
Job Description for Facility Building Repair Technician
NY Creates is seeking applicants for a Facility Building Repair Technician This position supports preventive maintenance and general repairs of facility building and miscellaneous structures.
This position is responsible for:
- Performs a variety of preventive maintenance functions, repairs and service checks on facilities, buildings and equipment.
- Responds to a wide variety of repair requests from tenants concerning finishes, furnishings and building components. Investigates and aids in repairs of window/roof leaks.
- Performs installation and repair of wall framing, wall board, insulation, wire wall partitions, doors, windows, hardware, suspended ceilings, siding, painting, flooring materials (carpet tiles, vinyl tile, ceramic tile, etc.) trim, corner guards, shelving, furniture, countertops, signage, blinds, shades, projection screens, etc.
- Able to work independently from blueprints and /or verbal specifications, formulating supply lists and ordering supplies for specific projects.
- Work with facility staff to monitor and maintain inventory of various spare building components. Manage and organize inventory in storage areas.
- Operate and maintain various equipment and tools related to the completion of these tasks.
- Research and obtain information on new means and methods for various building construction materials.
Minimum Requirements for Facility Building Repair Technician
- An Associate's Degree in Building Construction Technology or a related field and five (5) years' experience in general building maintenance, repair and construction of a large educational, medical or production facility.
- Completion of 'Scaffolding Competent Person Training.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and proficient use of Microsoft Office applications and maintenance management/inventory programs
Don't meet every requirement? At NY Creates we are dedicated to building a welcoming, diverse and inclusive workplace. If you are excited about working for NY Creates but your experience doesn't exactly align perfectly with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway, you might still be a perfect fit or a fit for another role at NY Creates.
- Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Competitive Pay and PTO
- Flexible Heath Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Basic / Optional Life Insurance
- Post-Retirement Health Insurance
- Employer contribution of 7% of earnings to a Basic Retirement plan after meeting one year of service.
- Optional employee contributed retirement account
Pay rate: $21.63- $31.25 per hour
*Posted rate is dependent upon experience and education.
Location: 257 Fuller Road, Albany, NY 12203
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY which is an Equal opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Research Foundation employees are subject to restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1. You will be asked to disclose any such participation at the time of hire for review by the Research Foundation.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply please call Human Resources at 518-437-8686.