NY Creates is a leading research and development hub as well as a commercialization facilitator in advanced digital, analog, and power technologies.
NY Creates is seeking applicants for the position Test and Characterization Engineer to work in its 300mm semiconductor development facilities.
This position is responsible for:
- In-line measurements, off-line measurements and characterization analysis of structures and devices fabricated on 300mm Si wafers.
- The candidate must execute project-based tasks on timelines set by project needs and customer deliverables.
- In addition to specific project needs, long term studies and continuous improvement in yield detractors will be ongoing. This would involve monitoring in-line test data, identifying yield detractors and systematic defects, selecting test cases to perform FA, work with technicians to resolve root cause and work with the process team to improve the process and mitigate the defect.
- Develop offline failure analysis plans to resolve root cause for major yield detractors
Job duties include, but not limited to:
- Execution of measurements, compiling of data and documentation of findings. Examples of inline metrology and inspection include within wafer defectivity inspection, optical inspection, topdown SEM, and a variety of measurement techniques to determine film thickness, film resistivity and other film properties. Offline measurement techniques may include SEM, TEM and FIB. Organization of data pulled from multiple sources is expected.
This position requires interaction with diverse groups of technicians and engineers who are responsible for unit process development, process integration development and manufacturing. Problem solving will require steady-paced analysis to ensure fast turn-around-time and cycles of learning that positively impact customer deliverables. The successful applicant must be able to interface effectively with fab operations, process maintenance, and semiconductor engineering professionals from client companies.
- AA Bachelor's degree in an engineering or science related discipline from a college or university accredited by the US Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization OR equivalent experience which includes at least 15+ years of semiconductor industry or research and development experience.
- Candidate must have a working knowledge in one or more process tools or modules required to build advanced CMOS devices; must also demonstrate proficiency in computers and IT infrastructure including manufacturing execution system applications, project planning, and forward thinking for contributing to process solutions for test wafer flows and equipment evaluation; excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills; ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Candidate must be willing to execute a variety of tasks on short notice. Knowledge of MS Office, and semiconductor equipment operation are strongly recommended. Must be willing to work either evening or day shifts.
- A Master's degree in an engineering or science related discipline from a college or University accredited by the USDOE or internationally recognized accrediting organization.
- 10+ years of experience working in the semiconductor industry as a metrology, FA and/or Test Engineer is highly preferred.
Don't meet every requirement? At NY Creates we are dedicated to building a welcoming, diverse and inclusive work place. If you are excited about working for NY Creates but your experience doesn't exactly align perfectly with the job description we encourage you to apply anyway, you might still be a perfect fit or a fit for another role at NY Creates.
- Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Competitive Pay and PTO
- Flexible Heath Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Basic / Optional Life Insurance
- Post-Retirement Health Insurance
- Employer contribution of 7% of earnings to a Basic Retirement plan after meeting one year of service.
- Optional employee contributed retirement account
Salary Range: $120,000- $140,000 *Posted rate is dependent on education and experience.
Location: 257 Fuller Road, Albany, NY 12203
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY which is an Equal opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Research Foundation employees are subject to restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1. You will be asked to disclose any such participation at the time of hire for review by the Research Foundation.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply please call Human Resources at 518-437-8686.