NY CREATES is a leading research and development hub as well as a commercialization facilitator in advanced digital, analog, and power technologies.
Primary Responsibility shall be to maintain via CAD building layout drawings to keep current. Will take Project As- Built documents and integrate into site master layout drawings;
- Maintaining and supporting an automated / manual Document File Retrieval System;
- Management of both facility and tenant documents;
- Relaying site construction information to all levels of facility management, including tenant representatives and contractors. Receiving, reviewing, organizing and managing all closeout documentation submitted by contractors per construction phase;
- Organization of all documentation and records from previous projects by performing necessary clerical work, which includes data entry, sorting, filing and binding. Assisting with coordination of Closeout Documents between General Contractor and NY CREATES. Finalizing turnover documentation for construction projects on site in order to compile a complete set of as-built data and for contractor to receive final payment.
- Coordination of documentation needed by off-site Architects/Engineers for the completion of any new design criteria.
- Assisting with distribution of drawing documentation to facilities engineering/field coordinators;
- Assisting with support for all NY CREATES Departments to provide drawings for new facility modifications and archived data for the review of existing conditions.
- Working with systems for file storage, soft and hard copy; Push for clean-up of existing files and maintaining an organized retrieval system.
- Working with Document Control software and system to fulfill back -up role for (Q-Pulse System) manager. Training will be provided with this manager.
- Maintaining organized, clean documentation for tool install packages and ability to retrieve those documents upon request. Maintaining current overall tool layout drawings in (conjunction with Tool Install CM / Design company(s).
- Keeping lines of communication open while maintaining good organization skills with the ability to perform a variety of tasks on short notice. Proficient use of any new software, provide guidance & research related to software which department may need to embrace to remain current with industry standards.
- Assist to maintain printing capabilities are kept current and operational.
- Support Facilities Engineers with developing "Process Flow Diagrams" for building, site systems. Work directly with engineers to define milestones for development of PFDs. Shall support Facilities Engineering with CAD design as directed by engineers.
- Understanding of CAD design symbology, drafting techniques for respective disciplines required. Shall assist facilities engineers in development of NY CREATES standards for respective discipline(s).
- Other reasonable duties as assigned.
- An understanding of 'Best-of Breed' methods and standards within the semiconductor industry.
- Associates Degree in CAD design or related field from a technical school, college or university accredited by the US Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization AND a minimum of 3 years of experience as a CAD trained individual in the facilities engineering organization of a major semiconductor manufacturer or with a supplier to the semiconductor industry.
- Candidates must address in their applications their ability to work with culturally diverse populations.
- Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Competitive Pay and PTO
- Flexible Heath Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Basic / Optional Life Insurance
- Post-Retirement Health Insurance
- Employer contribution of 7% of earnings to a Basic Retirement plan after meeting one year of service.
- Optional employee contributed retirement account
Location: 257 Fuller Road, Albany, NY 12203
Salary Range: $55,000- $80,000 *Posted rate is dependent on experience and education.
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY which is an Equal opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Research Foundation employees are subject to restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Talent Recruitment Programs, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1. You will be asked to disclose any such participation at the time of hire for review by the Research Foundation.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply please call Human Resources at 518-437-8686.