KeyTronic is a team-based, supportive environment where everyone is able to feel encouraged and supported. We provide opportunities for growth through certifications, on-the-job training, and career advancement. Our team and employees are proud of our product diversity and team environment. We are an international company where you will do something different every day in our fast-paced work environment, but we are always finding ways to create something new and be innovative.
We encourage you to apply for this position if you enjoy being challenged, working in a dynamic work setting, and being a part of a team that creates products that drive our world, while providing an innovative workplace with deep camaraderie, compelling product diversity, and resources to build your career.
KeyTronic provides competitive salaries and benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, Vacation, Holidays, Tuition Reimbursement, and 401K. We also have a company provided wellness program because we care about the wellbeing of our employees inside and outside of the workplace. We organize volunteer opportunities, company activities, and all-employee meetings to show we value our employees and the community around us!
JOB SUMMARY: This position basic purpose is to develop, implement and support manufacturing processes, programming and tooling.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Provide technical support for SMT manufacturing operations.
- Determine line configuration for new products.
- Establish the most effective & efficient process for the manufacturing of various tasks.
- Review products & recommend changes to enhance manufacturing ability & quality.
- Establish & monitor process on screen print, reflow, water wash and flow solder.
- Develop, evaluate and improve work instructions and manufacturing methods.
- Confer with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts and evaluate products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Determine work force utilization and space requirements.
- Design equipment and workspace layout for maximum safety, efficiency, and ergonomic conditions.
- Analyze and resolve work problems and assist workers in solving problems.
- Install, layout and adjust special production equipment and tooling.
- Technical Leadership
- Performs other duties when required that are outside of normal job duties.
- May be asked to assist in other duties to ensure production needs are met in a timely manner
- Attends meetings as needed to support organization activity.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, to achieve corporate and departmental objectives.
- Applicant must have a BS degree in Engineering or equivalent in work experience.
- Applicant must have three to five- year work experience in the related field.
- Strong computer skills including, Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, Power Point, AutoCAD, manufacturing information systems software and programming skills a plus.
- Mechanical Engineering degree
- Experience in contract manufacturing
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, talk, hear, and see. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or reach with hands and arms. The environment is fast-paced; time pressured, and requires accuracy. The employee will regularly multi-task between projects, be required to move throughout the office building, and effectively communicate. The normal environment is quiet and typical of an open cubical setting with some areas that may be louder at times.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The environment is fast-paced; time pressured, and requires accuracy. The normal environment is quiet and typical of an open cubical setting with some areas that may be louder at times.
The statements on this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required by all incumbents, and all job descriptions are subject to change to accommodate business necessity. In support of Keytronics goals some incumbents may perform other duties as assigned. In addition, all Keytronic employees are expected to:
- Promote teamwork and cooperative effort
- Help train and give guidance to other Keytronic employees
- Maintain a clean, safe, and unobstructed work area
- Provide customers with the highest quality of products and service
- Understand and apply appropriate quality improvement processes
Keytronic is an EOE/M/W/VET/Disabilities employer.