Conductix-Wampfler, a leading global provider of energy and data transmission solutions, is seeking a high energy, self-directed, quality and customer-focused Project Manager (PM) to coordinate and manage all activities related to the successful completion of large scale projects with the scope of the PMO.
The Project Manager will work closely with our and our local and global PMO as well as with our internal sales, engineering, quality and manufacturing teams to drive the project life cycle and monitor service after the sale. The PM will be responsible for establishing project timelines and milestones and guiding, tracking and coordinating the internal engineering design, procurement, production planning, quality requirements and test specifications of projects.
The PM must be able to work comfortably with all levels of our organization, gain an understanding of technical aspects of the product and work with the complexity of the internal processes needed to ensure we meet all the customer's contractual requirements. The PM must be able to handle multiple tasks and complete assigned tasks within specified timeframes. In addition to the project and customer relationship management, the PM will be responsible for managing the bid process for new and existing customers.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
Proven Project Management experience including accountability for the coordination and completion of projects on time and within profitability expectations
Bachelor's Degree in an appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
3+ years of project management experience
Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at a time with excellent time management skills
Demonstrated experience in the review and modification of contractual terms and conditions
Ability to understand technical requirements related to Project Management and contractual terms
Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
Excellent communication and presentation skills
Proficient with Microsoft Office and/or Office 360 Suites
Proficient in using Project Management software, preferably MS Project
A background in Mass Transit and Automated People Mover systems is preferred
Experience with government contracting and responding to RFP/RFQs is desired
See full job description below.
Summary – Project Manager
The Project Manager is responsible for efficiently delivering projects for Conductix customers. To accomplish this, they must perform bid management, schedule creation and management, contract review, and resource planning. The Project Manager will be required to ensure the timely completion of project activities involving engineering, procurement, manufacturing, service/installation, and accounting.
This position reports to the PMO Manager, US.
Top Skills & Characteristics
• Planning and Scheduling
• Change Management
• Risk Management
• Ability to work with autonomy
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include
• Bid Management including bid schedule, facilitating bid review meetings, and bid approval process
• Develop and maintain project schedules that identify deliverables, milestones, and resource allocation
• Perform contract review and contract negotiation alongside Account Managers, Business Development Managers, and Market Development Managers
• Contract Management throughout the course of a project
• Manage resource allocation forecasting during bid phase and throughout the life of the project
• Provide project updates regarding schedule and budget to the PMO and executive management
• Compare and report the variances between the project progress and the schedule and budget baselines
• Prepare and timely deliver formal documentation for projects in coordination with Engineering and other relevant departments
• Ensure the proper organization of documentation including worthwhile account activities and project information in Navpoint and project folders
• Visit customers as needed for negotiations, project kickoff, status update meetings, and project closeout
• Schedule and facilitate meetings with the project resources to provide project status updates and review upcoming project work
• Create and implement new project management processes as needed
• Coordinate with Engineering to assist with Project Management for internal projects
• Supports and upholds the Quality and EHS policy
• Upholds Core Values
Supervisory and Leadership Responsibilities
This role has no supervisory responsibilities. An individual in this role is expected to provide guidance and direction to ensure successful and timely project completion.
Qualified candidates will possess the following
• Proven Project Management experience including accountability for the coordination and completion of projects on time and within profitability expectations
• Bachelor's Degree in an appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
• 3+ years of project management experience
• Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at a time with excellent time management skills
• Demonstrated experience in the review and modification of contractual terms and conditions
• Ability to understand technical requirements related to Project Management and contractual terms
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office and/or Office 360 Suites
• Expert in using Project Management software, preferably MS Project
• A background in Mass Transit and Automated People Mover systems is preferred
• Experience with government contracting and responding to RFP/RFQs is desired
Travel up to 25%. This may include international travel and the occasional need to stay over weekends as bids and projects demand.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Conductix-Wampler offers an excellent salary, benefit and bonus package along with continued personal and career development opportunities.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.